Top tips for being better gas safe than sorry, supplied by the Gas Safe Register:
- Learn the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO ) poisoning - headaches, nausea, dizziness, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness and teach them to others. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black sooty marks or stains on or around the appliance and high levels of condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
- Have all your gas appliances safety checked every year by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your gas appliances. You can find and check an engineer on the Gas Safe website. Check the engineers Gas Safe Register ID card when they arrive - Look for the yellow triangle.
- If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, get some fresh air and leave the house as quickly as possible. See a doctor and if you are very unwell call 999 for an ambulance. The National Gas Emergency Helpline is also available 24/7 on 0800 111 999
For more help and advice on your gas services, get in touch on 020 3488 0883 email@example.com
We're on the GAS SAFE Register - NUMBER 561221